BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
BROWARD COUNTY, FLORIDA
PUBLIC AUCTION OF SURPLUS VEHICLES AND EQUIPMENT
1. SCOPE: The Board of County Commissioners, Broward County, will conduct a public auction of County surplus vehicles and equipment.
2. AUCTION DATE: Saturday, May 30, 2015@9:00 A.M.
3. PLACE: 1600 Blount Road (NW 30th Ave)
Pompano Beach, Florida 33069
4. INSPECTION OF ASSETS: Property will be available for inspection as follows:
_Thursday, May 28, 2015 from 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. _Friday, May 29, 2015 from 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. _Saturday, May 30, 2015 - Starting at 8:00 A.M. until start of auction
5. CONDITIONS OF SALE AND DELIVERY-TERMS AND INDEMNIFICATION:
Broward County, as a casual seller, is selling surplus vehicles and equipment at Public Auction, for cash, to the highest bidder. Announcements made by the Auctioneer on the day of the sale take precedence over any printed matter pertaining to the Auction. Despite our efforts to avoid withdrawal of items from the sale list after they are mailed and advertised, it may sometimes be necessary. Therefore, Broward County Board of County Commissioners reserve the right to do so and further reserves the right to accept or reject any/or all bids.
Buyer shall at all times hereafter indemnify, hold harmless and, defend COUNTY, its officers, agents, servants, and employees from and against any and all causes of action, demands, claims, losses, liabilities and expenditures of any kind, including attorney fees, court costs, and expenses, caused or alleged to be caused by intentional or negligent act of, or omission of, Buyer, its subcontractors, employees, agents, servants, or officers, or accruing, resulting from, or related to the subject matter of this Agreement including, without limitation, the removal of any property purchased by the BUYER from the County, the sale by BUYER of any such property to third parties, any defect in the operation or physical condition of any such property and any and all claims, losses, liabilities, expenditures, demands or causes of action of any nature whatsoever resulting from injuries or damages sustained by any person or property. In the event any lawsuit or other proceeding is brought against COUNTY by reason of any such claim, cause of action or demand, Buyer shall, upon written notice from COUNTY, resist and defend such lawsuit or proceeding by counsel satisfactory to COUNTY or, at COUNTY’s option, pay for an attorney selected by County Attorney to defend COUNTY. To the extent considered necessary by the Contract Administrator and the County Attorney, any sums due BUYER under this Agreement may be retained by COUNTY until all of COUNTY's claims for indemnification pursuant to this Agreement have been settled or otherwise resolved; and any amount withheld shall not be subject to payment of interest by COUNTY. The provisions and obligations of this section shall survive the expiration or earlier termination of this Agreement.
All property is sold “as is” and “where is”. The COUNTY makes no warranties or guarantees expressed or implied to the operation or condition of any piece of equipment.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS. NO EXCHANGES.
6. PAYMENTS: Terms are Credit Card (Visa American Express, or Discover), Cash, Money Order, Certified Check, Personal Check, or Cashier’s Check, made payable to the Broward County Board of County Commissioners.
7. MINIMUM DEPOSIT REQUIRED: If payment is not made in full auction day, a 10% deposit of the total sale is required on all purchases at time of sale. The balance is due in three (3) working days, no later than Wednesday, June 3, 2015. Hours for payment will be 9:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. daily. Payments will be made at Government Center_West, 1 University Drive, Suite 3100A, Plantation, Florida, 33324. If payment is made in full at the day of sale, the property may be removed from the County auction site any time up to 3:00 P.M. after close of auction. Under no circumstances will any property be allowed to leave the auction site prior to the end of the auction and payment in full. There will be imposed a BUYER’S PREMIUM of 7.5% added to the total sale price on all items.
8. DEFAULT: If the BUYER fails to complete the sale under the conditions set forth herein, or agreed to by the COUNTY, deposits made to the account of the COUNTY will be forfeited and items will remain the property of the COUNTY.
9. REMOVAL: Property must be removed from the auction site on or before Thursday, June 4, 2015.
10. PRE-REGISTRATION: All bidders are required to pre-register. Personnel will be available on the day of the auction at the auction site at 8:00 A.M. to register all interested bidders prior to the auction time of 9:00 A.M. Bidders may also register on both Preview Days. A control number will be assigned to each bidder and if you are the successful bidder, that number will be recorded for that sale.
11. DIRECTIONS: From I-95 (Broward County)
Exit at Copans Road and continue west to Blount Road. At traffic signal, turn left and continue to auction site location.
From the Florida Turnpike (Broward County)
Exit at Coconut Creek Parkway (Martin Luther King Boulevard), Exit #67. After paying toll, continue to traffic signal and turn left onto MLK Boulevard (Coconut Creek Parkway). At Blount Road, turn left and continue to auction site location.
13. POINT OF CONTACT:
BIDERA Auction Company Broward County Fleet Services Division
Armando Perera Contact name Locksley Rhoden
305-822-5000 Contact phone 954 357-6477
email@example.com Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL BIDDERS MUST AGREE TO COMPLY WITH ALL TERMS AND PROVISIONS AS LISTED ABOVE.
BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
A plus Mini Storage Auction Rules: Participants will be given five (5) minutes to examine the contents of the storage units up for auction. You may not enter the unit or disturb the contents during the examination period. All bidders must sign the attendance sheet and include address and telephone number. Bids will be on the entire contents of the storage unit. Successful high bidder must pay cash before leaving. There will be a $50.00 refundable deposit on each purchased unit. The successful bidder must remove all contents of the unit before 5:45 p.m. by the 3rd day after the auction and must leave the unit clean for the deposit to be refunded. If the contents are not removed on time there is a daily rate charged for rent and tax. The deposit will be refunded after the management inspects the unit. We ask that you leave behind or return items of personal nature. Such as photos, birth certificates, tax records, mementos, etc. There is no trash disposal at the facility. The entire contents of the unit must be removed from the premises by the successful high bidder.